Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I Dyed my hair with COFFEE



Yes you read that correctly...Coffee... But I was pretty bad...I didn't take any before and after pictures...so you'll just have to trust what I say :)


This is how I did it...

*I did wash my hair right before I did this, because I had been swimming a lake earlier, and I wanted it to be going on a clean surface...

1: Have about 3-4 cups of room temperature coffee

2: I added a splash of Vanilla extract, to cut back on the coffee sent (optional)

3: Douse your hair about 15 times with a cup, in the coffee.

4: Let it sit on your hair for at least 30 min...(can do more if you want it to be darker)

*Don't wrap your hair in a towel, because the towel will soak up the coffee, instead of your hair :)

5:Rinse your hair, until your water runs clear.


You don't have to condition your hair, because the coffee is it's own conditioner...My hair feels SOOO soft! and shiny!

My hair is already a dark brown, but I have noticed that lately it is getting even darker, so my roots are 2-3x's darker than my ends. Causing my hair to look greasy/oily...NOT a pretty sight, when you know it's clean! So now my ends are pretty much the same color as my roots, and my whole head is Shiny and soft.


Would I do this again?

For dying my hair? No, because my hair is already so dark, that it didn't do that much to it...unless I need to quickly dye my ends to match my roots. don't get me wrong it worked!


For a deep Conditioning Treatment? MOST DEFINITELY!


Hair types this will most likely work the best on:

Blonde's, who want a quick change, that doesn't cost a lot of money, and isn't more chemicals going on your already bleached hair (the latter for the ones who've dyed it blonde)

It'll work fantastically for you!
P.S. I'll let y'all know how fast it washes out!

7 comments on "I Dyed my hair with COFFEE"

Renee (BlacknGoldGirlsBookSpot) on July 6, 2010 at 2:40 PM said...

Oh wow! I've never heard of dying hair with coffee! Who knew? My hair is kinda dry in the summer so this might actually work for me. I'm not brave enough to try it though :-(

XOXO~ Renee

Anonymous said...

my hair is naturally blonde/dirty blonde and i just want it to be a tiny bit darker just to see how it looks. how much darker do you think it will make it?

Anonymous said...

it depends how much coffee you use ^^

Anonymous said...

i tried it it dyed my hair eally dark then again 1 had light hair and used a dark coffe

Anonymous said...

Omg I wanna try this so bad but I don't wanna do it and then it looks bad. If I don't like it... how long does it take to washout?

G.R.I.T.S. on December 5, 2012 at 3:35 PM said...

It takes about 4-8 weeks, its about the same as a 28 shampoo color, because it is a stain...kinda like a henna....

Anonymous said...

would this work on dyed hair? my hair is natually strawberry blonde, but I dyed it to a sandy blonde with platinum looking highlights, I want to get it back to my natural hair color, or as close as I can get it.

Post a Comment

Followers

FTC Disclaimer

To FTC or whomever else it may concern, the products reviewed on this site have been purchased by me, and I've been in no way encouraged to write the reviews, whether they are negative or postive. Unless otherwise stated in the posts.

Thanks
Rae

One Lovely Blog Award

One Lovely Blog Award
Thanks Renee!

The Circle of Friends Award

The Circle of Friends Award
Thank You Ashley!

Other Makeup Geeks

 

Rollers, Ribbons, & Rouge Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez